Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Why I Care for My Own Leathers

It's pretty common in Leather circles to have your submissive/slave/etc take care of your leathers for you.

For my boots, I like this.  I like my subs caring for my boots.  It's a service they can give me that I value greatly.  It's a skill that I can be proud of them for.  It's something they enjoy doing, as I'm sure it's a potent thing to help you "feel" submissive to work over your Dominant's boots.  And if I am wearing the boots so much the better, a good boot black scene is a delicious morsel that should be savoured.

But my vest, I care for myself.

My vest is a very important piece of clothing for me, as you know if you're a long time reader.  I bought it for myself as a promise that I would constantly strive to be the best I can be.  Every time I put it on I ask myself if I am worthy of wearing it.  If the answer to that question is no, it stays off until the answer is yes.  My vest is very personal.  It's a part of who I am and who I can be.

Because of that, it would feel wrong to have someone else care for my vest.  My taking care of it is as much a part of the package deal as anything else.  If I don't have the inclination to love and look after my vest, then I don't deserve to wear it.

Aside from all that though, I enjoy looking after my vest.  It's relaxing, it's calming, it's a good labour with a satisfying end.

No comments:

Post a Comment