Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hooks!

So as you can probably guess from the silence on this blog, things have continued being not very exciting for me.  That's going to change in a few months; we've grown jack of the suburbs and we're going to downsize and move back into the city.  It'll be good for both of us for a lot of reasons, one of which being we'll be able to get back out to community events more often again.

But that's not what I'm here to write about today.

A couple of days ago I did a hook pull!

I did a quick google to try and find an easy page to link you to if you're not familiar with it, but I'm coming up pretty dry so I'll say this:  on sunday, I had 6g hooks shoved through my back flesh that I then pulled against, for fun.  Want to see a picture?

I'm not a masochist.  I didn't do it for the pain rush or anything like that.  I mostly did it "because I can", because it's something extraordinary, because I like having extraordinary experiences.

What went on in my head during it is mine and mine alone so I won't be going into that here.  But it was a very interesting experience and nothing like I expected.  I also came out of it thinking I might do it again, which surprised me - I thought I'd come out of it with a kind of "well it's off the bucket list now I'm never doing it again" attitude, but actually, I think I might.

Taking the sticky dressing off a very hair back the next day was infinitely more painful than anything involving the hooks, by the way.  :p

No comments:

Post a Comment