Saturday, June 23, 2012

Generosity

I'm not feeling very articulate right now so I'm just going to copypaste the entry I wrote on fetlife just now:

~~~



Today I loaded up my computer and had a message from kim telling me someone has paid for me to attend 2 of Jack Rinella's workshops. She couldn't tell me who as they wanted to remain anonymous.
Dear Anonymous Benefactor: thank you so, so, so much. I don't think you realize how much this means to me. I can't express how grateful and touched I am. thank you so so so so so so so much.
The thing is that money's been really tight for me for... well, a long time. I'm on a pension, so it doesn't flow that great on a good day. But the last few months, because of a rent increase and a few other things, money for me has been... really, really tight. Once I've paid my living expenses I usually only have $20-$50 left over for all my disposable money for the fortnight. And that does usually go straight to the door charge for kink events.
It's not just this particular benefactor (although don't get me wrong, anonymous benefactor, I am so fucking touched I'm at risk of getting teary), either. The generosity of this community towards me over the years has been astounding.
I've been included in things where I couldn't afford to attend otherwise, through people's kindness.
I received a fetlife supportership from _alexandra_ just because she is kind and giving and amazing.
I've been invited around to so many people's homes and given food and comfort and love.
This week my car's battery died, and I had MistressKellie offer to buy me a new one, just like that.
And there's been so many other things over the years.
I always do my best to give as much as I can to people and my community but I will never come close to being even when it comes to generosity karma in this community. You people are all so kind and generous.
I just... thank you. Thank you, all of you. Thank you anonymous benefactor.
It's been a rough week for me for a lot of reasons and the incredible kindness and generosity of this community has made me feel so much better about everything. You are all always there for me in a way no other community on earth has ever been.
Thank you. You are so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment